History

stock-photo-17499276-archiveThe firm can trace its roots back to the late 1950’s. John’s father, Dennis became a partner in the already established firm R. L. Marsden & Co in 1958 which had offices in both Chesterfield and Alfreton.
In 1982 Dennis by this time trading as a sole practitioner as Dennis King & Co re-located to Clay Cross in the office at 119 High Street. The Clay Cross office is easily accessible from both Chesterfield and Alfreton and surrounding areas. It has therefore been possible to continue to offer a service to successive generations of clients going back to those early days.

John himself qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 1989 and took over the business from his Father in 1995.

The firm has continued to change and adapt to meet the needs of the self-assessment regime and the seemingly relentless advances in computer technology and how it has changed the way people manage their financial affairs.